PS-Medtech supports inaugural symposium of Prof. Dr. Steven Chamuleau
On March 10, 2017 Steven Chamuleau gave his inaugural speech in the historic academy builiding in Utrecht, website.
In the symposium, prior to the inaugural speech, Dr. Folkert Meijboom, Child cardiologist at the UMC Utrecht, showed the value of 3D imaging for several complex hart diseases.
By using 3D glassess the audience was introduced to the power of 3D and got an ‘insight’ in the complexities of the human heart.
PS-Medtech develops the 3D Video Collaboration Suite for medical images
February 2 2016
Imagine you are in Amsterdam, analysing the CT scan of a patient in your C-Station™. The scan is not clear enough and you still have some doubts. One of your colleagues works in New York. You call him, he logs in the PS-Medtech platform and accesses the same information you are working with. You two interact, move, modify and edit the dataset at the same time, discussing the most important aspects of the scan. Imagine that after a nice discussion you perfectly diagnose the disease and you are able to design the best treatment for the patient. And all without any medical data transfer.
We want to shift from your imagination to real life. The PS-Medtech team aims to bring the 3D Video Collaboration between C-Stations™ to hospitals all around the world.
We are working together with Mainport and Huawei to make the 3D Video Collaboration a big step in collaboration between hospitals.
The 3D Video Collaboration between C-Stations™ aims to remove the barriers doctors have when sharing knowledge and discussing use cases between hospitals.
These are the main advantages of 3D Video Collaboration:
- There is no medical data transfer during the collaboration. Patient’s confidential information remains on site.
- Efficient, real time and interactive collaboration.
- Better decisions are reached faster due to collaboration between professionals.
The 3D Video Collaboration Suite will be showcased in the upcoming conferences:
- ISE 2016, Amsterdam, February 9-12.
Workshop on the use of 3D technology for preoperative planning
January 25 2016
Using Vesalius3D software, CT, MR and Ultrasound images can be transferred to workstations, allowing 3D visualization and interaction with all vascular structures and planning of open and endovascular procedures in a hyper accurate way. PS-Medtech will run a workshop in which participants will experience the exploitation of 2D, 3D and 4D medical data. The participants are invited to hold the scanned data in their own hands and, by using the award winning 3D workstation C-Station™, they will experience how to reach a better decision faster and truly understand and share the data.
During the workshop:
- CT scans and MRIs of the aortic arch with difficult pathologies including aneurysms and coarctatios will be used.
- The ease of showing and analysing complex anatomy will be demonstrated.
- The correlation between 2D images to the exact location of 3D structures will be shown.
- An extraction of a complex area of the vascular structure will be performed. The power of this functionality in combination with volumetric visualizations will be demonstrated.
- The complexity of the anatomy will be extracted through several methods.
- Aneurysms will be visualized from both the inside and the outside of the vessel.
- Preoperative and postoperative data of endovascular stent grafts will be showed.
- An extraction of a region of interest for later 3D printing will be performed.
- Sunday: 11h00-13h00 and 16h00-17h30.
- Monday: 11h00-13h00 and 16h00-17h30.
- Tuesday: 11h00-13h00.
- On-line registration: send an email to EVC2016@ps-medtech.com.
- On-site registration: Brigthlands booth.
How Vesalius3D can assist you with your planning
November 2 2015
Planning a procedure is important and can be difficult, but the evolution of technology makes this work easier for medical professionals. Current tools have clear limitations that result in doctors having to reconstruct the 2D images acquired by CT, MR and other devices, in their minds.
Vesalius3D assists our users by reconstructing in 3D the 2D images acquired by hospital devices. It is constantly being improved. We stay in close contact with our users in hospitals, who provide vital feedback on their needs. One example is planning a lung lobectomy, for which they want to use Vesalius3D.
Below is an example of visualization used during planning.
Vesalius3D assists medical professionals with their planning:
- Vesalius3D shows clearly the relation of the tumor with the skeleton. This is used to identify where to place the instruments for a minimally invasive procedure.
- Vesalius3D is used to see where anatomical structures are located around the tumor, for instance arteries, veins and the bronchus.
- Vesalius3D is used to measure distances, angles and volumes between the relevant anatomical structures around the tumor.
The video below shows the typical steps using Vesalius3D.
We are available for demos in our offices in Amsterdam and Maastricht.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com.